International Young Diplomats School (IYDS)
Network of Future Leaders
November 22-26, Islamabad, Pakistan
Call for Exceptional Participants from Around the Globe
Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies
Are you willing:
- To get prepared with highest skills and necessary knowledge to have solid foundation for a successful career in government, diplomatic missions and international organizations
- To be part of interactive sessions with senior foreign and Pakistani diplomats, serving and retired government officers, representatives of international and national NGOs, prominent professors and academic community
- To engage in debates and formulate policies over the issues of national, regional and international nature and provide bright and fresh ideas to the problems thus finding lasting solutions
- To reach out to the youth and experts from across Pakistan with creating long lasting relationship coupled with academic and cultural exchange of ideas.
- To get exposed to different cultures , languages, communities, research, policy briefs and position papers on various issues The IYDS is a five days engaging and illuminating school for dynamic and exceptional university students, graduates and young professionals for getting exposed to innovative skills and fresh ideas for enhancing their professional leadership coupled with high standards of decision-making in the challenging environment. If you are between the age of 18-40 and have a background of Social Sciences such Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Anthropology, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, Management Sciences, Economics, and Law then you are eligible to apply. Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies (IPD) is an independent, non-governmental and non-profit think tank that aims to provide strength to global peace through dialogue and diplomacy by sharing knowledge, research, analysis and policy development in the areas of, peace-diplomacy, peace-building, conflict resolution, conflict transformation, and conflict management. The main objective is to provide neutral space to stakeholders to share ideas, exchange views, experiences, understanding of the issues through innovative research and practices worldwide. IPD aims at connecting diverse groups and disciplines including experts, researchers, academicians, non-government organizations from across the globe working in conflict zones with the sole purpose of creating sustainable peace in countries and communities facing traditional and nontraditional security threats.
For further details: Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies H# 138, St# 99, I-8/4, P.O Box # 1239, Islamabad- Pakistan Skype: IPDPakistan Tel : +92 51 4901547 Fax : +92 51 444 0104 Email: email@example.com; website: www.ipd.org.pk
Why you should participate?
- Your opinion and policy monographs will be shared with top academic institutions, NGOs, various Ministries of Foreign Affairs, business executives, international organizations along with the leading media houses across the globe.
- Networking sessions with top Ambassadors, Heads of International Organizations, foreign and Pakistani diplomats, serving and retired government officers, representatives of international and national NGOs, prominent professors and academic community,
- You have constant contact with the IYDS Alumni Network throughout your career and life via social media and regular annual events of the Alumni.
- Future is bright with prospects of collaboration and joint handling of the challenges with sharing of ideas; thoughts and actions plans that will begin soon you step into the program.
- You will have an opportunity to reach out to the youth and internationally acclaimed scholars and diplomats from various countries thus creating long lasting relationship coupled with academic and cultural exchange of ideas.
- You will have an opportunity to engage in interactive sessions with senior diplomats and officials of government, lectures different subjects covered by prominent academic community from world’s renowned universities.
- Future is bright with prospects of collaboration and joint handling of the challenges with sharing of ideas, thoughts, and actions plans that will begin soon you step into the program.
- There would be mock sessions, simulation exercises over the ongoing debates in regional and international politics. There would also be field trips along with cultural events and final session for presentation of certificates. Participants: Young exceptional, dynamic professionals from across Pakistan and around the globe are participating in this program with having diverse background, providing a multi-ethnic, multi-religious, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment of unique nature. Special attention will be given to the youth groups from marginalized communities having low income background. Criteria: If you have a background of Social Sciences in the following disciplines: Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Anthropology, International Relations, Peace and Conflict Studies, Management Sciences, Economics, and Law, you are eligible to apply. Fee: The fee for the program is 450 USD ( with accommodation) and 250 USD ( without accommodation) ( which includes accommodation, meals, program package, study materials, exclusive dinners, internet. travel to important places and cultural events during the program) Travel and Transportation: Participants will arrange their own travel from the regions of their origin. However transportation needed for each day (from the hotel to the campus and to the tours) will be provided by the organizers. Accommodation: During the program you will stay at hotel on twin sharing basis at Islamabad. Language of the Program: The training will be delivered in English language without interpretation. Program Package: You will receive the program package including the program agenda, handouts, city map, and other useful information upon arrival. Dress Code: The general dress code for is business casual. Please feel free to bring comfortable clothes. Application Form: A completed registration form is necessary to register and be considered for participation in IYDS. Please, fill the form in English. A confirmation letter will be sent to the applicant by e-mail upon the acceptance of your application. Admission decision letters will be sent to all accepted applicants via e-mail. Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted. The deadline for accepting documents with payment is 30th September, 2015. Should you need more information, do not hesitate to contact the program administration via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Further Information: Institute of Peace and Diplomatic Studies H# 533, St# 33, I-8/2, P.O Box # 1239, Islamabad- Pakistan Tel : +92 51 486 4370-253 929 7 Fax : +92 51 444 0104 Cell: +92 300 950 196 2, Cell: +92 300 529 5442 Email: email@example.com; website: www.ipd.org.pk
Courtesy:Institute of Peace and Diplomatic studies